Animal leads are available in a wide range of plaited cord configurations and colours. Key ingredients in the personal choice of leads relate to soft feel, non burn with friction in hands, colour aesthetics and knot or spliceability. We offer a comprehensive range which give variety and attention to the ideal characteristics of an animal lead.
Donaghys Ski Braid is made from monofilament polyethylene and hollow in construction. Splicing is easy where the plait can be fed inside the hollow core and when tensioned the eye loop makes a soft handle of loop for lead fittings.
- Light weight and does not absorb water
- Easily spliced
- High abrasion resistance
- Ideal for use in water skiing, water sports and can be used as an animal lead rope
Cotton Halter Cord
Donaghys' Cotton Halter cord is an open plait, hollow cord ideal for splicing back into itself. The cotton fibre has a soft feel and is an attractive natural white colour. Whether spliced, whipped or knotted, this is a premium handling halter rope.
- Easy splicing
- 28mm flat width
- Soft cotton feel
- For use as an animal lead rope
Yachtmaster XS Double Braid
Yachtmaster XS double braid features a balance and harmonised core of HT Polyester, designed to achieve long life and soft feel handling. It can be heat sealed on the ends for a neat finish and resists knotting and tangling as a premium animal lead.
- Easy to splice with high strength
- High jacket to core ratio assisting long life
- Available from 6mm to 16mm diameter in 100m spools
- Available in White with Red or Blue fleck
- Ideal for use as an animal lead rope