Hauling Ropes & BraidsNew fibre developments and the greater demands in hauling programs have enabled Donaghys to add the Total Solution offer in hauling. Ultra High Modulus fibres (UHMwPE) enable rope constructions of superior strength to wire rope in light weight, low stretch and long continuous lengths for custom built requirements.
Your total solution can be provided with custom lengths, jackets and fittings, spliced on specialty reels or bulk cartons to meet your requirements.
For more information on our Total Solutions (splicing and termination options), please click on the link: Factory Splicing and Terminations
Determining best fit rope for use
Donaghys Winchline® is 8 times lighter and 70% stronger than Steel Wire rope. Coated with Donaghys Armorcoat, this braid has high abrasion resistance and can be customised with covers and fittings to suit specific applications.
- Low stretch
- High UV resistance
- Floats and does not absorb water
- High internal and external abrasion resistance
- Virtually no recoil in the unlikely event of failure
- Non rotational
Donaghys D-Line is a hauling braid with an abrasion resistant Polyester jacket over high tenacity Nylon core, giving excellent grip on the winch. Jacket constructions assist resistance to ingress of foreign matter that could reduce life in use.
- Double braid construction with excellent grip on winch
- Fibre mix gives great shock absorption properties and maximises strength to size ratio
- Break strength remains unchanged in wet or dry conditions
- Spliced eyes each end for ease of deployment
Superbraid Hauling Braid
A hauling braid with UHMwPE core with HT Polyester cover which provides high strength with minimum stretch and weight.
- Anti-slip coating on core prevents core/cover slippage and protects core if cover is removed
- Withstands shock loadings and accepts a tighter radius and knots better than Aramids
- Available in 6mm to 30mm in 100m spools in a range of colours
Superspeed Hauling Braid
Hauling braid with minimal stretch easy splice 12 plait HMPE core.
- Super hard wearing HT polyester jacket
- Harmonised core/jacket construction minimises slippage and creep
- Available in 2mm to 12mm in 100m spools in a range of colour options
- Longer lengths available made to order
Aquatec ropes are manufactured from Donaghys developed PP/PE crushed mono yarn blend then 3 stranded with the optimal lay for higher strength, excellent abrasion resistance and splicing. Ideally suited to applications of marine fishing and heavy industrial use where reliability is key. Beware of imitations, Donaghys Aquatec rope has a distinctive Green with Gold mark colouring.
- 3 strand & 8 strand ropes
- PP/PE blend combines the best of each fibre characteristics of abrasion resistance, strength and shock load resistance
- High strength and UV resistant
Cablemaster Hauling Braid
Donaghys Cablemaster braid is a 6mm Hauling braid designed in conjunction with Telstra Operations.
- High strength and abrasion resistant
- Excellent handling
- Parallel Polyester core with red intermediate jacket and white external cover
- Red jacket is visual wear alert that external jacket is damaged and rope retirement is required
- Min Break Force 1100 kg
- Telstra item code: 675/301
Yachtmaster XS Double Braid
Hauling braid with balanced and harmonised core of HT Polyester.
- Easy to splice, flexible sheetline
- High jacket to core ratio assisting long life
- Available in 5mm to 30mm diameter in 100m spools
- White with Red, Green, Blue or Blue/Red fleck colour options