Donaghys provide a range of synthetic twines and lashings for use in horticultural and gardening applications. Designed with the grower in mind, Donaghys horticultural twines and lashings are available in a range of sizes and colours.
Donaghys' lashings are light in weight with a relatively high stretch and breaking load. From light synthetic twines for smaller crops (tomatoes, kiwifruit, grapes, peppers etc) to stronger lashings for applications such as tying fruit trees, Donaghys have an option to suit any grower or gardener. All synthetic twines are UV stabilised for use in New Zealand and Australian conditions.
Natural Sisal Lashing
A natural alternative for parcel tying in commercial applications. Sisal lashing is biodegradable, making it ideal for zero waste projects and for horticultural and gardening applications.
- Biodegradable, environmentally friendly
- Easy on the hands
- Available in 2 ply medium
A range of UV stable black lashings for outdoor use and applications that require a stronger lashing or twine.
Manufactured for Australasian conditions ensuring quality and performance.
- Medium to heavy twines for stronger applications
- UV stabilised for increased durability
- Available in 1, 2 and 3 ply constructions
Market Gardening Twines
Donaghys Horticulture Twines are strong synthetic lashings that hold knots well, are soft in handling and do not absorb moisture or rot.
- UV stabilised for minimum of one growing season (12 months)
- Each spool has pull from centre release to ensure smooth running
Multi End PP Lashings
Donaghys Multi End PP Lashings are strong synthetic lashings with the same attributes as HorticultureTwine, conveniently packaged as a multi end coil. With multi ends, you can draw 50 ends of lashing from the coil at once to enable convenient multiple cuts, saving you time and money.
- Convenient multi end coil
- UV stabilised
- Does not absorb moisture or rot
- Available in 1400 and 1970 tex in 50 ends x 250m coil
Jute Market Garden Yarn
Donaghys Jute Market Garden Yarn is a natural biodegradable twine, cut to length in convenient multi end cops. It has a soft feel and is used for all types of cut length general purpose tying at harvest. Used extensively in flower growing establishments for bunching and in nurseries and market gardens for general purpose applications.
- Natural biodegradable twine
- Convenient multi end cop of 50 ends x 80m